Sunday, February 22, 2009

B.A.M. meets BIGGIE


Greetings to all of you who are reading this blog. I would like to share with you one of my unforgettable moments as an artist in the music industry. Being signed to Columbia/Sony in the late 90's allowed me to have the blessing in meeting and working along side many multi-platinum artists. THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G. being one of the greats.

It was a cold winter in Pakipsee, New York at a local club. The spot was packed with party goers and hip hop fan. On the performing roster was THE FUGEES, NAS, CRAIG MACK, and DA BUSHBABIES hosted by no other than "BIGGIE SMALLS" (NOTORIOUS B.I.G.) Myself being there to network and mingle with my label mates back stage, I was not aware that I was going to experiance a classic moment that would remain with me throughout my entire life.

Backstage with my manager we mingled with "PUFF DADDY" (P. DIDDY) Wyclef, Craig Mack and BIG. Diddy was pacing back and forth on top of the show promoters to ashure that everything was in place for the surprise performance by BIG. The crowd was only looking forward to seeing BIG host the show with a huge disappointment that he wasnt on the roster to perform.

This was my first time meeting BIG. We were introduced and we gave each other a pound and he said "IGHT, WHAT UP..BAM! BAM!" in a joking fasion. I smiled as we were chowing down on a bucket of KFC.

The club was packed and BIG took the stage interacting with the crowd. BIG had a special way of winning over people in general let alone an entire arena of over 5,000! In quote, I remember this as if it took place yesterday...."YO THEY TOLD ME I CANT PERFORM, ALL IM SUPPOSED TO DO IS HOST"...(crowd shouts out song titles "Unbelievable"! "Juciey"!) "SHOULD I DO IT?!" (crowd shouts out "yeeaa"!!) ....BIG stands still and looks back at the Dj. The Dj shrugs his shoulders as if to say "what the hell" BIG says "AIGHT FUCK IT"!!
RIGHT ON Q, "UNBELIEVABLE" EXPLODES FROM OUT THE SPEAKERS CAUSING THE CROWD TO GO CRAAAZZZY SINGING BIG's LYRICS WORD FOR WORD!!!!

BIG is truly missed and will remain in our hearts forever. Till next time, Peace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment